Home » Game reviews » Videoslots » Mirror Mirror
Facts checked by Viransh Dhawan, Live casino specialist on June 30th of 2022.
Written by Live casino specialist, Aanya Goswami and Editorial team.
Choosing the correct theme for your slot is a very important step. While experienced Indian casino players will take the time to read a review before spinning, most casual gamblers do not. They’re attracted to the graphics and may read a short blurb to see if it includes their favorite bonus. And as numerous licensed games have shown us, people like what they recognize. As a result, basing a series around widespread fairy tales seems like a no brainer for NetEnt!
Music only plays while you’re actively spinning the reels. Mirror Mirror’s RTP is 96.48%, which is higher than the current average. And while Snow White is busy helping you score some wins, the dwarves are hard at work! Deep within the mines, they’ve unearthed seven special features for you to use! These include Mirror re-spins, three randomly activated Fairy bonuses and three special features unlocked from golden chests. Your maximum win is 1822x your total stake.
Despite being released recently, this slot has the bare minimum of effort put into it. Of course, this being a NetEnt release, it still looks gorgeous. But there are no fancy animations for symbols, and the background image is completely static. But what truly surprised us was the gameplay! You’d expect a grindy slog with a jackpot that delicious, but that wasn’t the case. Wins were small, but frequent – with big cash prizes remaining incredibly elusive.
Mirror Mirror has a low to medium variance, just like the other two games in the Fairytale Legends series. It works quite well, especially with so many special features. Bonuses appear frequently, so it won’t take you a whole week of spinning just to experience everything. But if you plan on winning big, you should prepare for a long grind!
Coins can be set between ₹1.00 and ₹100.00 per spin. By changing their coin value and bet level, players are able to adjust their total stake ahead of time. You can set your wager between ₹10 and ₹1000 for each spin, perfect for casual gamblers and high rollers alike!
Icon designs are about as basic as they come. You have the whole host of playing card royals – 9, 10, J, Q, K and A. Alongside them are two beautiful gemstones, the Queen, Snow White, and the Fairytale Legends logo. Golden boxes are Scatters, while the mirror symbol is a bonus icon. If you hope to win the 1822x jackpot, you’ll have to hope you get lucky with the special features!
• Mirror Re-spins: The mirror can only appear on the third reel during normal gameplay, and on reels one, two and three during free spins. It will transform into either the Queen or Snow White symbols, and remain frozen in place for a single re-spin.
• Random Features: These bonuses appear randomly. You’ll know you activated them if you see a fairy flying on the screen!
• Fairy Magic Spin: A cluster of five to seven icons appear on the playing field. These symbols can be the Queen, Snow White, or the two diamonds.
• Fairy Surprise: This bonus has a chance of triggering if your spin does not have a winning combination. A symbol is randomly chosen. Less valuable icons start to transform into this symbol one by one until a win occurs.
• Fairy Mirror: Rather than catching a mirror on the third reel, the fairy can randomly trigger it herself.
Bonus Features: Collect three golden chests on the first, third and fifth reels to activate this special feature. It can award one of three different bonuses:
• Mining Bonus: The dwarves have dug up a few crystals! You get to break them open, revealing cash prizes hidden inside.
• Free Spins: Players are awarded ten free spins.
• Coin Win: You receive 15x your total stake.
Despite being the latest Fairytale Legends release, it feels like a visual downgrade. There are less interesting animations on the board, and the icon designs could be a lot better.
In terms of gameplay, it’s similar to the previous two slots. They share the same volatility and several special features. Perfect grounds for a weird deja-vu moment! That said, the jackpot is a drastic improvement over its predecessors. It won’t be the best game you’ve ever played, but it’s good to keep you occupied for a few hours.